Peel 2011
Home page About Peel 2011 Contact blank
The photographs: Station Road | Church Road | Strand Road & Shore Road | Bridson Street & Orchard Road
line
 
Bridson Street
Port Erin Commissioners
Holistic Therapy
Hospice Shop
Huckleberries
Island Kitchens
Tangles
George Herdman Library
Newby and Padley
Not Only Backs
Posh Wash
Save The Children
Shoprite
Orchard Road
Port Erin Dental Surgery
Britannia International
Castle Industries
Clear Pharmacy
Marina Lane
Shoprite Living
Bridson Joinery
Fifth Dimension
Victoria Square
Erin Arts Centre
Bridson Street and Orchard Road
Erin Arts Centre
Victoria Square, Port Erin IM9 6LD
Erin Arts Centre
Pictured: John Bethell, MBE
Erin Arts Centre
Erin Arts Centre
Sales: Arts Centre, Internationally known
Year established on current premises: 1971
Previously based elsewhere: no
Total staff: 2
Full-time: 2
Part-time: 0
Previous use of premises: Built in 1909 and opened in 1911 as the Wesleyan Chapel in Victoria Square. In October 1970 having experienced a sadly inevitable decline in both membership and its physical structure the Chapel was put up for sale. Under the vision and guiding hand of the Centre's Founder-Director Dr John Bethell MBE, together with the small group of willing and determined supporters who then became his co-Trustees the requisite deposit was found and the Chapel saved from dereliction. The first concert took place in October 1971. In the subsequent forty years, the Centre has received international recognition as a home to many prestigious events.
 
Copyright © Port Erin Commissioners & The Manx Heritage Foundation 2012
Project led by Chris Littler Webdesign & archivephotography.co.uk